Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back again with a nice quote !!!

Ohhh yeah.. Its been a month I have posted in here.. It all seemed like this novice blogger who started blogging during his hard times disappeared all of a sudden.. But I am back, hoping that I wont take any such long breaks here after.. Thanks to the new organisation I have joined in recently which kept me quite busy, thereby not allowing me to update my blog.. And also thanks to my "laziness" factor which also prevented me from blogging during weekends..


Over the past month I have had many topics to write about, but the laziness factor prevented me from doing that.. Screw my laziness.. hmph!!... So if you have a question in your mind now ( I am sure you would have got by now, if not, hit your head and scold yourself as to why that question dint arise :) ) as to what makes me write the post now.. I happened to skim through one of my friends profile in Orkut.. I found something peculiar in his "About Me" section.. This is the quote I found :


“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like '' Maybe we should be just friends '' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”
-- Neil Gaiman


Dunno exactly why, but just through a glance of the quote I liked it soo much..Thats exactly why I am writing this post to share the quote with you people.. I wasn't sure as to who Neil Gaiman was initially.. Well in such situations, there comes our savior in the name 'Google'... A quick search gave me loads of links with the crux being that he is a famous author who has won quite a number of awards. For more information about him, just google his name.. The first link would lead you to his homepage..


P.S :- The value of the quote would be understood only by a select few ( the class of people gone through certain kind of experience :) lol!!! ).. Will be back soon with the dozens of topic which I have in my mind...

2 "2 Cents":

Sam said...

well.... its great to see u back in blog business... :)!

Swathikha said...

true true.... touching..... moved by this quote....

Post a Comment