Saturday, August 29, 2009

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Let me just pen down my thoughts about the magical word "friends" based out of my own experiences.. Where do I start with, well I have come across  lot of people.. People from different geographic locations across India,from different backgrounds and different attitude.. Though I have come across such a large group and maintain a fairly decent and good relationship with almost 98% of them, I do posses only a very few elite group of close ones whom I share my real thoughts with... The main reason can be attributed to my reserved nature ( maybe because I am the only kid for my parents and I have spent much time alone, so I have kinda preferred loneliness many a time)...

Before you go ahead with this post, I would like to say that the post you are about to read is purely out of my own experiences... I do respect friendship and also love it..It should also to be noted that there are always a bunch of bad amongst every good... There is a famous saying which goes like " A man can be judged by the company he keeps".. So, as I have heard frequently, I have to accept that friends are ofcourse a beautiful part of life.. They change our lives, they have been with us in times of need and have sometimes helped us achieved our dreams, motives...

Out of all the friends we get all through our life, I feel the ones you get in school are always special.. They be with you just for the person who you are.. I say so because, when we were kids, the friends we get, be with us for just the person whom we are.. Such friendship doesnt see your social status, they still exist no matter what you  become in the future, they pull your legs but make sure they be with you when you really fall..

Now, from this part of the post (or atleast for this part of the post) is where my total idea is gonna change.. The days of my college life.. It was indeed some bad experience for me(not totally though).. Unluckily, the first person whom I met in college and the one whom I trusted like anything ended up to be the traitor after a whole long four years.. In those span of four years, I have pretty much been as good I could be, let him pull my leg ( thinking that he ll be there with me when I fall down really, infact he had been during the intial period) only to find that he would be ready to dump me just because he thought being a friend of mine would spoil his so called "reputation" with the other group of his to whom "fun" meant a lot more than "true feelings"... Yet again I met another person who would totally portray the line from the tamil song which goes "pachai kulandhai endru paalu oothi vazhthaen, pala kudichitu paambattam kuthudhadhi"... Then there was this person who behaves according to the situation.. Infact there are a lot many people belonging to the latter category who spend most of the time talking bad abt X to Y and vice-versa... I wonder why they dont get the courage to say their original opinion rather wear a "facial mask" to gain the masses...

Thankfully, I had also got real friends during this period who really had been with me during the end of college life taking me out and far away from the blue.. I had given lesser importance to them during the course of the period, yet they stood by me when I needed someone to get up.. Tonnes of thanks to them and their benevolence will be remembered always !!!!... The entire clan of friends I have obtained so far have taught me a lot of things.. These experiences have defintiely moulded me better, taught me on reading people more, how good they can be, how bad they can be,how people change through time etc... I am thankful for meeting the bad ones as well as the wonderful ones... Wonderful ones have kept me happy always but the bad ones have taught me more than what the wonderful ones have taught..
P.S :- I have been getting back in touch with a lot of school friends in the past few weeks which made me feel that I should write a post on "FRIENDS"... As I am pretty open-minded, I dint feel like I should hide my bad experiences in this post.. Kudos to all the best friends out there in the world !!!... My salutes to you !!!...

4 "2 Cents":

Sundeep said...

Human nature, unfortunatley, doesn't follow a pre-defined rules... while you may see it as a betrayal, the other person might see it as normal behaviour...
I can symphathesize with ur pain (as, I too have experienced it, may be even painful than urs..).. but all u can do is ignore the person completely (but sufferring urself) or forgiving him and reduce ur pain...
this said, friends are our constant source of happiness.. :)

Meenakshi said...

Nice post on friendship; it is very true that sometimes you might end up choosing the wrong company - this will be brought out during the times of despair. I could understand who really stands by us and cares for us when I needed care and consolation badly. All that we can do for them is give our affection as normally as we do to show that we are not like them or say just leave the relationship to go the way it takes.

Meenakshi said...

True friends might not be there with us to share our happiness, but they will be there always during bad times[no matter what petty fight we have had with them]

Swathikha said...

really really true da........ school friends r the best and wil always remain the best......

Post a Comment