Saturday, September 19, 2009

Are they really 'Emotional Idiots' ?!..

Well, Its a tough topic I am about to write about.. Its sensitive and I wish I am able to express it in the right way.. Moreover, its by fortune that I get to write about this topic on this particular day (Sept 19, due to personal reasons..) I just now happened to see the famous tamil debate show 'Neeya Naana' where the topic was "Is emotional attachment necesary ?!"..  But the topic isn't as simple as it sounds, I feel its quite complex something which requires an even more comprehensive discussion...

To begin with, the society has given this particular name 'emotional idiots' for the people who are emotionally attached.. Well, I think not all such people are idiots.. Its just that they are able to feel what the other party isn't able to.. People who tend to be emotionally attached are prone to shed tears if something hurts their emotions (or rather feelings).. This act of shedding tears earns them the name 'idiots'.. But lets try to see that from a different point of view.. You can smile at anyone you wish, irrespective of you like them or not from your heart.. But try shedding few drops of tear voluntarily, its impossible.. I guess, each one of you would accept this point.. As a result the only question that comes to my mind is 'Arent these tears  for someone/something who/which had entered the intimate personal circle of the human heart ?!.. Why should they be called as idiots ?!..'

Such so called 'emotional idiots'  are being visualised  as mere dilemmatic persons, surrounded by an aura of  indecisiveness, hopelessness and the most important term used now-a-days 'moving on with life'.. Well the most prominent reason I could ascertain for this misrepresentation of the person is plain anachronism.. The present world even if its beautiful with its nature and lovely people, has gone to this particular stage where materialism has become the order of the day.. There exists no real friendship as compared to the earlier days.. Let me stress on the words 'as compared to the earlier days'.. Thats my point of view, except for the blood relationship, the other present day relationships are kinda materialistic in one way or the other..

Some people belong to the latter category and there are another set of people belonging to the 'emotional idiot' category.. And the simultaneous presence of  people from both the categories in the communtiy is the major reason which I could ascribe to,  for such an issue which comes up to the level of tv debate shows.. The real solution is no one could be blamed actually.. Each has its own pros and cons.. Being emotional could help you understanding the true pleasure of feelings and love but at the same time it puts you at the risk of being hurt very easily. Being isolated from such emotional feelings may make you strong enough to face any crisis, be independent but it makes it difficult to place yourself in the other person's shoes or makes you a little materialistic..

Well, to be frank I was emotional earlier.. Words and actions offended me, though I could not actually blame the opposite side.. To them it might have been correct, but I have the right to blame only myself. I should have taken the effort to prevent myself from being offended.. Infact, I had cried for someone who had left me.. But I feel that doesn't make me an emotional idiot.. On the loss of something which was precious/importance to you, if you are an human, tears are natural.. The so called 'idiocy'  depends on the individual and his/her nature..

On an ending note, I feel that being emotional is good (not an idiocy absolutely), but to survive in this materialistic world where the mantra is 'survival of the fittest', you need to detach yourself emotionally from any person/object.. Learn to live independent.. As far as I am concerned or from what I have learned, there are only an elite circle of people with whom you could be emotional with. The elite circle would obviously be parents, spouse and children... Hope I dint bore you all reading this long post !!!.. Ciao !!! :)

3 "2 Cents":

Vineeth said...

Live like the lotus leaf.

Sundeep said...

yeah... crying should never be termed as emotional idiots... it only reveals the love one has for person/object..
well, it is good if it can be controlled... but shouldn't become the mantra..

Swathikha said...

its really gud ra.....
liked it alot.......

Post a Comment