Friday, September 11, 2009

தருணங்கள் - The Moments

Recently, I ended up asking myself a question 'Have I enjoyed every moment in my life, be it good or bad ?!'... Well, its practically not possible to enjoy every moment in life.. So I rephrased the question 'Which one was I good at !?.. Enjoying the best moments or Worrrying for the bad moments' ... Well, still the answer is not that straight-forward.. But am sure, I (or rather 'WE') haven't enjoyed some of the best moments in my life..

Lost in related thoughts, the first moment that strikes me dates back to somewhere in1993.. When I was about 5 years old, I slipped and fell into a pond in a temple.. Without a knowledge about swimming, I drowned in the water.. All the people above at the bank could see was few centimetres of my collar and two or three strands of my hair.. Luckily I was pulled out by a person whose name was also 'Sathappan' (same as mine !! ;) )... If not for that person nor the visibility of the few centimetres of my collar, I would not have been here now enjoying the world and boring (hopefully not) you people reading this blog :) !!..

The other moment that strikes me dates back to somewhere in 2001.. It was the engagement of one of my cousins to be held in Madurai.. I was already there in Madurai and my parents were travelling by car to Madurai.. My dad was kinda new to driving on the highway.. Unfortunately they met with an accident.. The car in which they were travelling collided with a truck and the scenes were pretty bad.. But luckily, both my mom and dad were unhurt in the accident.. It was one of the best moments which just passed on like a normal event.. Probably I was 12 years old by then and now I couldnt imagine where I would have been if something else had happened that day.. Similarly, in 2006, my dad met with another accident in which the car he was travelling, rolled atleast 2 times and landed upside down due to a burst tyre..He was unhurt in this accident too.. There goes another best moment.. These are just some of the best moments in my life which just passed on without much of excitement..

The whole point of this post is that, we normally enjoy almost all occasions like birthday parties, treats for no reason, graduation day, appraisals and almost every other incident which relate so much to fun and enjoyment.. But there are these unnoticed, uncelebrated, subtle and mild moments like I mentioned in the previous paragraphs which do not bring much fun, but our lives would have changed drastically/substantially if they had happened the other way.. I guess its the same with anyone of you reading this post.. I remember the dates of my graduation, my friend's birthdays etc.. but frankly, I don't remember the dates for these 3 days.. The only reason I am able to find is that, maybe I din't enjoy these moments as much as the other moments..

Well, the idea for this post came after I heard a sentence from a tamil movie called 'Tamil M.A' which goes like this "வாழ்க்கையின் சில சுவையான தருணங்கள், ரசிக்க படாமலே போய்விடுகின்றன".. The english translation of this sentence is "There are certain sweet moments in life, which go totally unnoticed"..

As an ending note, I am sure, if you could spend sometime after reading this post thinking about similiar unnoticed moments, you would have had a handful of them.. If one accquires the ability to enjoy such moments, life would be much sweeter than what it is now !!!.. :) .. Ciao !!!..

3 "2 Cents":

Sabari Murugan said...

Sathappan saved Sathappan !!

Swathikha said...

really a thought provoking one da sats.........

Anonymous said...

Oi.. great post :)

Post a Comment