Saturday, April 11, 2009

Atlast, I caught the train !!!!...

It was the much awaited Thursday night, the reason being that Friday being a holiday and I get to go home for the weekend... It was a thrilling experience till I boarded the train.. As usual,I was waiting for a bus to get to the railway station.. After sometime, I got into a bus only to end up disappointed on the fact that there was no vacant seat.. The feeling that I had to stand all the way with the backpack made me even more disappointed..

There was an old gentleman sitting along with his grandson kinda two rows from where I was standing.. On seeing me struggling to stand with the backpack, he offered me a seat and kept his grandson on his lap.. I returned his favour with an hearty thanks.. His act touched me so much.. I wish to thank him once again now..

Having known about the traffic in the city, I boarded the bus almost one and half hours before the scheduled departure of the train.. My face turned all red when I noticed the traffic extending for more than a kilometer.. The last thing I expected at this stage was to miss the train because of the traffic.. I got stuck up in the traffic at three different locations.. Against all odds, I somehow managed to reach the railway station five minutes before the departure time.. It takes a five minutes walk from the bus stop to the railway station..

Somehow I managed to reach the station two minutes prior to departure.. As I was running down from the pedestrian bridge to the platform, I saw the train moving and for a second I thought I had missed the train.. But luck favoured me that day,because soon I realized that the train had been late by few minutes and had reached the station by then only.. Atlast, I caught the train :).. It was a good one and half hour experience !!!...

0 "2 Cents":

Post a Comment